It’s that time of the year! If you are interested in auditioning for All-District, you should start preparing now. All of the information and dates can be found here.
Some things to consider:
- Only audition if you are prepared (nobody ever feels totally prepared, but you should be able to play through the audition material with relative ease after practicing)
- You must perform all scales on the scale sheet (either slurred or tongued)
- You will play a selection from the prepared solo. Due to copyright law, you must purchase your own version of the audition material. Take a look at jwpepper.com for purchasing. Make sure you buy the correct edition.
- You will be asked to sight-read.
- You need to notify me of your intent to audition by Nov. 30. Your audition fee is covered, but you will be responsible for any fees related to the clinic.