The typical band year (2020 isn’t one of them!) kicks off in August with band camp for the Marching Charger Band and continues until the Memorial Day Concert in May with the Symphonic/Concert Band performances. Between the months of August and May the band program participates in many activities, competitions, concerts, and other musical performances which are made possible by the continuous efforts of the parents who are actively involved in the band boosters’ organization.
Northwood Band Boosters Organization
- Works as the backbone that supports all of the instrumental music programs at Northwood High School
- Comprised of students, parents, alumni, and other supporting members within the community
- Is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization
- Information and policies of the the Northwood Band Boosters are detailed throughout the Band Boosters Handbook on the Charms website (see below).
Band Booster Meetings
Band Booster Meetings are open to EVERYONE! Parents, at these meetings, you can:
- Ask questions/get answers
- Volunteer to help
- Help make decisions for the band
- Upcoming Booster Meeting Dates are generally the 2nd Wednesday of each month
- [2020-2021 dates and virtual meeting information will be added here]
Charms Office Assistant (for Marching Band)
- Charms Office Assistant
- For information on how to log in, please contact Mr. Freeman, the band director
- Each student’s family has one account to share, and allows them to
- Track FairShare balance
- Track fundraising earnings
- Make FairShare payments via PayPal
- Find important information about marching band
- Required information includes:
- Student address
- At least one parent/guardian name with phone and email
- You can add more parents/guardians, but remember that everyone must share the same password for that account
Thrift Shop Hours
[Thrift Shop volunteer opportunities are currently suspended]
When you sign the form for thrift shop hours, you must include:
- Student Name – the student who should get the credit for your work, EVEN IF YOU ARE WORKING FOR YOURSELF
- “NHS Band” each time and for each person working
- If you do not specify this information, we are unable to credit those hours to the individual student
Band Booster Handbook
Available on the Charms website under Handouts & Files
- What is FairShare?
- A pre-determined amount of money used to fund the band program
- FairShare amount is adjusted each school year to equally distribute costs that will be incurred that benefit all students (2020-2021 FairShare is $50)
- Who pays FairShare?
- EACH Northwood band member is required to pay FairShare to participate
- How do I pay my FairShare?
- The $20 deposit and remaining FairShare amount can be paid by participating in Fundraising efforts, by posting payments on Charms Office Assistant, and/or by placing checks or cash in the green box in Mr. Freeman’s office (make checks payable to “Northwood Band Boosters”).
- When is FairShare Due?
- 2020-2021 FairShare is due by December 10, 2020
- What if I can’t afford it?
- The Band Boosters Organization can assist families who need help paying their FairShare
- How are the FairShare funds used?
- Large instruments
- Music composition and choreography for the marching show
- Buses to competitions
- Band organization “fixed costs”
- Instrument lease-to-own payments
- Software licenses
- Field maintenance
- Equipment maintenance
- How can students and families earn money toward their FairShare?
2020-2021 Band Booster Executive Committee Members
- Co-Vice Presidents
- Carrie Rimolt – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nicole Reed – email@example.com
- Transportation Chair
- Carolina Vix – firstname.lastname@example.org