Funding for the Band Programs at Northwood
- Northwood High School only provides funding for the band director and some money for music
- The Northwood Band Boosters organization (made up of band volunteers like YOU) provide everything else needed by the bands:
- Marching Band (Fall)
- Symphonic Band (Fall)
- Symphonic Band (Spring)
- Concert Band (Spring)
- Pep Band (extracurricular)
- Jazz Band (extracurricular)
- Funded by the Band Boosters:
- Organization-owned instrument repair/replacement
- Large or specific instruments
- Buses for all trips/competitions
- Drivers if not enough volunteers
- Color Guard flags and uniforms
- Uniform bags and hat boxes
- Racks for uniforms and hats
- Additional staff
- Show music composition
- Choreography for band and color guard
- Competition fees
- Show tshirts for students
- Sound system
- See Northwood Bands’ Wish Lists for other items that fundraising activities can help cover
Information about fundraising activities for Northwood Bands will be posted to this page as details become available.
Ongoing Fundraising Activities
HARRIS TEETER VIC CARD
An easy way to raise money for our band is to link your VIC card to “Northwood High School Band.”
Go to Harris Teeter’s Together in Education page for details.
The program runs from August 1st – May 31st yearly. Remember that you must re-link your card each year on August 1st to make sure your Harris Teeter purchases benefit Northwood Band Boosters.
CHATHAM PTA THRIFT SHOP
Volunteers support the NHS Band Programs at any of the Chatham PTA Thrift Shops. Volunteer hours equate to dollars that are sent directly to the NHS Bands General Fund when recorded into the Northwood logbook at the store. When you sign the logbook, write “Band” as the entity for which you are earning hours.
Cole Park Thrift Shop
11500 US Hwy 15 501 N, Chapel Hill, NC 27517
Pittsboro Thrift Shop
400 East St, Pittsboro, NC 27312
Sign up for Thrift Shop Hours here.
When you sign the form for thrift shop hours, you must include:
- Student Name
- “NHS Band” each time and for each person working
UNC Concessions has historically been one of the Marching Chargers’ biggest fundraising opportunities. Students, parents, and friends can all sign up to volunteer at the concessions and earn money toward Northwood Bands’ fundraising goal. Many of our students find working at the concessions to be the most enjoyable fundraiser that the band does because it is easy and fun.
Available dates for working at the UNC Concessions will be listed in the Calendar
To be eligible to volunteer to work at the UNC Concessions, all students, parents, family, and friends have to complete the necessary Aramark paperwork. Normally, the paperwork/ background check is completed within a week but don’t wait – fill it out today and turn the completed forms in to the Band Director.
Please complete the following forms:
Criminal History Disclosure Form