Funding for the Band Programs at Northwood
- Northwood only provides funding for the band director and some money for music
- The Northwood Band Booster organization (made up of band volunteers and YOU) provide everything else needed by the bands:
- Marching Band (Fall)
- Symphonic Band (Fall)
- Symphonic Band (Spring)
- Concert Band (Spring)
- Pep Band (extracurricular)
- Jazz Band (extracurricular)
- Funded by the Band Boosters
- Organization-owned instrument repair/replacement
- Large or specific instruments
- Buses for all trips/competitions
- Drivers if not enough volunteers
- Flags and Colorguard uniforms
- Uniform bags and hat boxes
- Racks for uniforms and hats
- Additional staff
- Show music composition
- Choreography for band and colorguard
- Competition fees
- Show T-shirts for students
- Sound system
- View 2020-2021 Northwood High School Band Booster Finances
- See 2020-2021 Wish Lists at the bottom of this page
- To understand more about how our fundraisers stay in compliance with IRS regulations, please see our Fundraising Statement – October 30, 2020
[details will be added here when available]
When you shop at smile.amazon.com, Amazon donates to your favorite charitable organization.
Remember, if you want Amazon to donate to Northwood Band Boosters, you need to start each shopping session here, and we will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases.
LINK YOUR HARRIS TEETER VIC CARD TO NORTHWOOD BAND BOOSTERS
An easy way to raise money for our band, is to link your VIC card to
“Northwood Band Boosters.”
Go to Harris Teeter’s Together in Education page for details.
CHATHAM PTA THRIFT SHOP
OCTOBER 2020 UPDATE
Sessions can be scheduled for both Pittsboro and Cole Park stores with Pat Wright, 919-542-7228 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please leave a message at the telephone number and Pat will call you back. She checks voicemail daily.
Volunteers support the NHS Band Programs at any of the Chatham PTA Thrift Shops. Volunteer hours equate to dollars that are sent directly to the NHS Bands General Fund when recorded into the Northwood logbook at the store. When you sign the logbook, write “Band” as the entity for which you are earning hours.
Cole Park Thrift Shop
11500 US Hwy 15 501 N, Chapel Hill, NC 27517
Pittsboro Thrift Shop
400 East St, Pittsboro, NC 27312
MOTORS FOR MUSIC CAR SHOW
Stay tuned for information about the 2021 event!
A day of great music and classic vehicles.
UNC CONCESSIONS OPPORTUNITIES
UNC Concessions has historically been one of the marching band’s biggest fundraising opportunities. Students, parents, and friends can all sign up to volunteer at the concessions and earn money toward their student’s fair share obligation. Many of our students find working at the concessions to be the most enjoyable fundraiser that the band has because it is easy and fun. Dates to work may be found on the NHS Bands Calendar.
To be eligible to volunteer to work at the UNC Concessions, all students, parents, family, and friends have to complete the necessary Aramark paperwork. Normally, the paperwork/ background check is completed within a week but don’t wait –
fill it out today and turn the completed forms in to Mr. Freeman.
[signup link will appear here]
Please complete the following paperwork:
Criminal History Disclosure Form. Access form here.
Background Check Form. Access form here.
Volunteer Acknowledgement Form. Access form here.
2020-2021 WISH LISTS
Jason Freeman (Director of Bands):
- Sousaphone $7,000 – $10,000
- Concert Euphoniums (2) – $2,700 each
- Concert F Horns (2) – $5,000 each
- Oboe – $4,500
- English Horn – $6,400
- Eb Soprano Clarinet – $7,171
- Sabres (10) – $213 each
- Christmas Flags – TBD
- Concert Snare – $670
- Temple blocks – $240
- Finger cymbals – $50
- Castanets – $35
- 18″ Medium Thin Suspended Cymbal – TBD
- Claves – Grenadilla $26, King Klave ($30)
Amy Savage (Lead Percussion Instructor and Arranger):
- Yamaha Xylophone – used one for sale from Colts. I called Colts to get a price and the owner is on vacation, but they ballparked it at around $2,450 (new ones are ~$6k). Ours is in disrepair and really needs to be replaced
- Yamaha Concert Bells x 2 – again the owner is on vacation and they don’t list the price on the Colts website (new these range in price from $600 to $1,000). We currently have 2 and they’re in salvage condition.
- Yamaha Gold Vibe from Boston Crusaders at $4,350 (this would replace our broken Musser vibe)
- Yamaha 4.5 Octave marimba from Boston Crusaders at $6,400 (we have 2, Amy says we really need 3)